Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari - 2 hour SWIM with dolphin / seal / coastal snorkelling
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Penneshaw, South Australia
- Product code: P84D71
Arrive at The Visitor Information Centre in Penneshaw (Howard drive) where you will be fitted into a wetsuit, mask, snorkel and flippers and provided with a safety brief. Then jump on board our 12 seater vessel in search of the marine life that inhabits the incredible coastline. Spot the cheeky seals lounging on the rocks and playing in the water. Then it's time to dive in! These curious seals can be quite interactive and playful and provide a fun snorkelling experience. Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari is the only operator in South Australia that provides the opportunity to swim with the Long-nosed Seals. Search for the dolphin pods that reside in these coastal waters and take the opportunity to swim alongside them in the wild. A truly unforgettable wildlife encounter. Your friendly guide will also provide informative commentary along the way.
BOOKINGS CANNOT BE MADE ONLINE 3 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TIME. PLEASE CALL US ON 0419772175 TO SEE IF WE CAN SCHEDULE YOU ON A TOUR.
- Infant rates apply to children 2 years and under (not available for swim)
- Child rates apply for children aged 3-12 years (must be 9 years and older for swim)
- Adult rates apply for anyone over the age of 13 years.
- Food is not permitted to be eaten onboard the vessel unless given prior approval.
- IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR DISPLAY COLD AND FLU SYMPTOMS - PLEASE ENSURE YOU PHONE US IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE DISPLAYING ANY SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS OF A COLD OR FLU, YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ACTIVITY.
- A swimmer line with buoys is often used at the back of the vessel for the dolphin swim. You may be required to hold onto this line at times with the vessel moving which will require upper body strength.
- These are wild animals and experiences change daily. It's all up to the animals as to how interactive they become.
- If wildlife does not permit you to go into the water on your tour and you are unable to participate in coastal snorkelling, we will provide a refund back to the viewing price.
- Seal numbers vary throughout the different seasons. Numbers peak in winter and are at their lowest from Nov - Jan.
- You need to arrive at the Kangaroo Island Visitor Information Centre, Howard Drive, Penneshaw, 30 minutes prior to departure. The Information Centre is located directly opposite Christmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw, where you will depart from.
- This activity is not suitable for those with a pacemaker or those who are pregnant due to the electronic devices being used in the water whilst participating in the swim.
- Children MUST be 9 years or older to participate in the swim with dolphins but children 8 years and over can participate in coastal snorkelling.
- Please note that this swim takes place in open water, therefore it is recommended you have reasonable swimming ability.